Thursday, March 14, 2013

Perspective

It hasn't been a good week. 

For lots of reasons: this time of year is tough with anniversaries looming and the normal distractedness, trouble focusing, flashbacks.  Phoebe and Ronan are just on my mind more, with all the joy and pain and grief that comes with that.  I don't have a lot of emotional or energy reserve and three sleepless nights from sick family members have tapped me.  Beyond tapped.

Financially, I'm struggling.  Things are moving in the right direction but I'm behind and the possibility of catching up seems far away. The money from teaching at Baker I thought would be put towards embryo transfer expenses have all been used to pay bills and teaching has been frustrating on and off for many reasons.  The thought that kept playing over and over in my head was, "Why am I even doing this?"  But what my time at Baker has brought me is an assigned mentor who has become a friend and whose connection has gotten us a logo (in progress) for the Wrapped In Love Project.  And another contact, a fellow teacher whose mom has a long-arm quilting business and who is willing to donate batting and scrap baby quilts for Wrapped In Love Project. 

That quickly, my perspective changed.  My week didn't get any better, but it reminded me that there are blessings everywhere and we don't always get what we expect out of a journey but keeping an open mind will often bring rewards you couldn't have imagined. 

So I'm thankful for perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment